Thursday, April 15, 2010

We're on our way home

We left Ferrara yesterday afternoon and made the trek across Northern Italy to Milano. Apparently the biggest convention of the year, the Furniture show, has attracted leather couch lovers from around the world and we had a devil of a time finding last minute hotel accomodations. Nevertheless, we did find a place to stay near the ariport at double the normal rate....as Mike says...scalping exists the world over. It is time to get home.

Our flight to NY JFK leaves this morning at 10:30. Then we change planes, go through customs, etc. and fly to Chicago or another plane change to Albuequergue. We will be in around 9:00 PM, which I think means about 20 hours of travel. We left our car there, which we will retrieve before spending the night there and then making the five hour drive back to Mancos, Colorado.

I have a few more photos to post, plus a request to post some photos of the place in Colorado, so don't stop checking in yet. Give me a few more days before we call this trip over.

Love, Deanne

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I've meant to comment almost daily on your adventures and yet here I am..........days late. I've enjoyed reading about your travels so much. Love that you got to spend time with Caitie and meet the in laws! Your food descriptions leave me laughing hysterically or green with envy! After hearing so much about "The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo" I ran out yesterday and got both books. There is also going to be a 3rd book, but I don't think it's out yet. I've just started reading the first one. Barnes and Noble has just about talked me into getting a Nook, their version of the Kindle.

Hope your trip home was safe and uneventful. I wondered if the volcano affected your travel plans.

Let me know when you're going to be in PS......maybe we can get together!

Love you lots..............L

Eric said...

Deanne - Talked to Matt recently at an SB event and he mentioned you were traveling and blogging again. I'm almost caught up! I'm so glad you've had this opportunity to travel. I really enjoy your shared experiences and observations.

Hope to meet up some day again when you're back in Seattle.

--Eric