Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sleeping in a tin foil suit does the trick

A few of you were wondering how I was doing as the bug dish delight. The anti-itch cream seems to be doing the trick, although I have to reapply it all of the time. I woke up a few times in the night itching my knee or ankle and applied the cream from its syringe-like container to myself in the dark. The hardest part was figuring out how to keep from getting bit again. So, Mike and I settled on clothing from head to foot as a detrrent to the little critters. Unfortunately my loyal readers know how hot I get at night, so it was tough to find the right outfit, but I settled on long pants and a long sleeved shirt from my extensive wardrobe (which you know has to fit in my little suitcase). I wore the clothes that keep the sun off and they worked pretty well. All of the blankets and sheets ended up on Mike and he needed them because the window was wide open to keep me cool enough. The only new bites were to the ankles in the space between the top of the socks and the bottom of the pants and my neck. We had an attack of laughter this morning when we realized how noisy these clothes are and how every time I rolled around in the night the crinkly of the cotton woke both of us up. It was like sleeping in a suit of tin foil.

I have to end with just this short note. My husband bogarted the computer in the internet cafe so I didn't get much time.
Love to you all,
Deanne

No comments: