Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2, 2007

It is 11:00 am on what feels like it will be a very hot day here in Porto. We walked around the city a long way yesterday and decided to take the hop on hop off bus today and see whatever else we could fit in before we head up further north. Before we take in the heavy sight seeing, though, we had to check in at the internet cafe, as it has no air conditioning and will be too warm to visit later.

We heard from Jonny by ~-mail this morning. He and his wonderful girlfriend, Megan, are borrowing her parent´s RV and taking off on a one week camping trip through Eastern Washington with Jonny behind the wheel. We can´t wait to hear how that turns out. They are taking friends with them, so it should be lots of fun.

I spent some time working on the photos this morning to try and post them to the blog. I tried a few different formats, a link to some, a slideshow to others, and a slideshow with captions to others. Please let me know which way works best so I can post them that way in the future. If anyone wants some of these, like the family cruise photos, let me know that too, as I THINK I know how to send a link to the site where you can download them. We´ll see.

Well, we are off to see the sights and sites now. I will check in later.

Deanne

4 comments:

Curtis said...

You high tech travelling gypsies are doing a great job with this blog. I love the slideshows especially with comments.

Curtis

DanaH said...

Cool pics. Evora looks so quaint and picturesque. Love the slide show.
You had a picture of dried salted fish---is it a salted cod called bacalao? I remember eating empanadas de bacalao where I grew up and remember they're Portuguese. It's mixed in with potatoes, red peppers, olives, capers. Not too sure Dad would like 'em, but you might. Ahhh, my mouth is now watering...

WanderingGypsies said...

yes, the dried cod is huge here. they reconsititute it by soaking it several times then cooking it as you describe. Dad has been sticking with the ham and cheese, with one unsuccessful attempt to try the fish... his black grouper was pretty fishy tasting. i have had a few good fish dinners. yesterday I had this wonderful seefood rice~ it was like shellfish boullibaise with rice. yummy.
thanks for writing cwd51, whoever you are.
Deanne

Lisa said...

Okay, I finally had some time to log on. Yippy!!!! Hello from Colorado. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your big travels.

Love Lisa