Saturday, January 26, 2008

Greetings from the Bottom of the World

We are in Ushaiha, Argentina, the self-reported bottom of the world. The last city before Anarctica. We went on a bus tour of the National Park, Tierra del Fuego earlier today. Now we sit in the Internet Cafe in the little town with the big banner reading, "Bottom of the World and the Beginning of Everything". It is a magnificently located town surrounded by jagged mountains covered in snow. They only experience thirty days of sunlight here (and you thought Seattle was bad!) but lucky for us we hit a gorgeous sunny day.

Mike just called time, so I have to run. We spent time doing our bills and answering e-mails so we are out of time here. I Will write soon.

Deanne

2 comments:

Susie "K" said...

Hi!
We got close ot another foot of snow today - doesn't seem to stop. I look out my office window and all I see is a huge snow pile. It's been quite a winter in Colorado! Therefore, as you can imagine, thoughts of warm and sunny South America sound delightful. I imagine Argentina and the National Park was beautiful. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Quick question - I can't seem to e-mail you without it bouncing back. Mom is supposed to close escrow on Friday the 22nd. That's the day you arrive back in the states. She wanted to know what time you arrive in Ontario. She's trying to figure out whether to pre-transport your car to Palm Springs or wait until you arrive - not knowing yet if she will have access to her home/garage in Corona. Drop us both an e-mail when you have a minute so that she can plan - and I can plan my arrival - THANKS. Keep having fun! Love ya, me

WanderingGypsies said...

I am at the internet cafe and cannot look up the schedule until I get back to the ship. I think we leave here on the 22nd and get to Ontario on the 23rd. Mom can leave the car anywhere that is easy. We can rent a car and drive to wherever the car is parked, then turn in the rental and drive to Palm Springs. So, if it is easiest to leave it in front of her sold house for a day, we will pick it up there. Does that help? I will send the flight information as soon as I can.
Deanne