Friday, November 30, 2007

I am sitting in a huge internet room in between members of a Scandinavian family. Blond young daughter is sitting beside me and her parents are a few carrels to my left. Unfortunately she keeps finding things to talk to them about and leaning in front of me to call down to them. She is mostly drowned out by the loud music, though, so it is not so bad. In fact, it is 6:30 PM on a glorious sunny evening with the sun still shining on the sparkly lake, but making shadows of the mountains that rim the tiny town of Queenstown. So, why sit in an internet cafe anyway? I am just checking in, and then I am off to watch the big football game between Wellington and David Beckham and the LA Galaxies. We are eating in tonight so that we can watch the big game. A hot Saturday night in
Queenstown.

We had a wonderful lunch at a neighboring winery. Mediterranean lunch under the grape arbor. In a switch of ordering roles, Mike had the grape pickers platter (my normal order) of soup, bread and spreads like hummus and chutney. I had pasta (maybe my first time since Italy and even there I only ate it once or twice). Heavenly.

We made reservations at our favorite restaurant (Saffron in Arrowtown) for Monday evening to celebrate our 24 year anniversary. Boy does time fly. We will stay in Queenstown until the 6th, when we have a reservation at a little cottage in Arrowtown for the remainder of our trip.

I will write tomorrow and let you know how the football game goes.

Til then,
Deanne

1 comment:

DanaH said...

Hola! Nice to hear you are enjoying beautiful sunny weather. It's snowing here in Bham and Seattle! More so here than down south, but it's still equal opportunity wintery goodness.
It's a little tough since my tropical roots have increasingly been haunting me...
We're supposed to be back to rain by early next week. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time. Sounds like the eating/wine/chocolate diet is working! Has Dad had his beloved muffins?